- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- 1st Fill Bourbon Barrel
- Batch 19/066
- Number of bottles
- 54.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Exchange 20th Anniversary
- Added on
- 01 Aug 2019 7:17 pm by holborndrinker
3 × in wishlist
13 × member ratings
21 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 2001 GM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.09 points
- Sweet aroma of pastries, vanilla, cinnamon, confectionery essence, coconut. And the taste is completely different: powerful, fresh, ash and citruses, noticeable smoke and wood. The finish is steady, apple seed, bitter almonds. The dissonance between aroma and taste. But still very good.
C: I’d never have guessed this as Highland Park, and would have guessed an abv of ‘only’ 46%. With water, bingo! The reveal and mouthfeel move in unison. It’s a good’un. Solid.
- Nice Highland Park, brutal and rough but superbly balanced. Quite earthy and mineral but this minerality is very well integrated. Tasty but definitely not for everyone.
Quite closed, a bit sweet and fresh, earthy, light smoke, orange zest, some spices (vanilla and cinnamon), subtle oaky notes, caramel, buckwheat honey. Water opens up wonderful fruity aromas: pears, apples, some tropical fruits (pineapple), lemon juice
Rather punchy neat, quite mineral and spicy, slightly sweet. Diluted: some oatmeal, syrup, grinded peppers and ginger with a touch of habanero, soft malty oak, light smoke on the background
Medium-long, peppery, slightly sweet and nutty (walnuts), gently oaky and smoky at the end with a touch of tangerine and sweet malt
Clean, vanilla, icing sugar, not explosive but robust.
Thick and complex, melons, icing sugar, a touch of rotten vegetables, smoky, intense, salty and dirty, very good.
Long, wood tannins, smokes, diesel, pine needles.