- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- A fruity perfumery
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 56.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 jul 2019 1:00 pm by Tauti
2 × in wishlist
11 × member ratings
12 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aultmore 2002 SMWS 73.111
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.89 points
- Feels very clean most of the time. Strongly driven by the distillate, as they say. I haven't had enough Aultmore to say so, but this could be an archetypal bottling. Full review (german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2020/09/01/mehr-speyside-im-glas/
- Tasted on 07-01-2020 in Oberstaufen.
N: On the cleaner end of the spectrum, this needs some opening time.
T: The age is bordering on ideal where the benefits of age aren’t gained at the expense of vibrancy & youthfulness. A vibrant colourful yet gentle/picturesque fairground ride ensues, sip after lovely sip.
F: All present & correct with a comforting hum.
C: Good solid dram that will please many.
- Ausgabepreis August 2019: 75,00 GBP
Notes von der SMWS Website https://www.smws.com/a-fruity-perfumery
"The nose unleashed an amalgamation of talcum powder, flower gardens and melon to provide a delightfully perfumed introduction. Then banana fused with overripe apples as the palate delivered fresh ginger with cloves and mace to give a refreshing appeal that hinted at peppermint. A few dashes of water suggested perfumed soap and pine needles with the sweet embrace of balsa wood. Vanilla cones followed alongside marshmallow and honeydew melon before dried grapefruit skin offered a tart balance. The finish became drier as walnuts came wrapped in dark chocolate and dusted with nutmeg and bergamot flowers."
Add tasting tags by clicking the flavours you recognized in this whisky.