90.00/100
Blended Malt
Hall & Bramley Ltd. (H&BL)
Malt Scotch Whisky
Oak Cask
Strength
27 Jul 2019 4:10 pm by macwhisky

1 member rating

one in collection

Whisky Reviews for Glen Carren 10-year-old

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.00 points

1. Nklto scored this whisky 90 points Member Senior

No reviews? I guess not many bottles are left around at present. I found a bottle of this in a local store. I guess it has been forgotten on the corner of a top shelf for years. I paid £39.99 today 20 August 2020. I bought it just for the experience and cracked it open immediately. This was seriously one of the best moves of the day! Don’t get me wrong. Nothing extra ordinary. This golden liquid would have benefited from higher ABV. But still- wow! I guess if and when this was first available back in ‘80s or ‘90s qwould have been considered an ordinary blend. But what a pleasant surprise! This is just flawless. So smooth and easy to drink. A whisky without any off note. As one of my cherished friends here on Whiskybase HS305 says: one dimensional but what a dimension! Dangerously quaffable. Typical old school Highland malt. Sweet barley, beeswax, dust. I wish I can share this liquid with you HS305. You can write a poem about it.
    Hall and Bramley bring it back!