- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Bottling
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Number of bottles
- 51.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Whisky List
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2019 10:58 am by chriscrossross
14 × in wishlist
13 × member ratings
5 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1993
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.09 points
- 98 points is bullsh*t........... just to keep your own cask into the points. littlebit hypocriet or not??
- Spectacular , spectacular cask. For me, the sherry hit is there definitely but I love the dark, bitter orange that comes through. Take a small sip each time and let it sit on the palate. Sweet dynamite. Outstanding.
- Not every '93 was a winner, in fact, some are straight up over the hill. An expensive way to find that out. Look for the 20-24yo realm ones. A nice whisky, decent mouthfeel, just a tad over-oaked.
- I had a hand in choosing this cask, and did so simply because this is easily the best whisky I have ever tasted. It’s rich and flavourful, but refined. Layers upon layers on those nose, an obvious but refrained sherry cask, with subtle notes of dried fruit that take a back seat to old oak, leather, strawberry, balsamic and sandalwood and milk chocolate.
Layers of complexity through the long slow finish. Very subtle tannins and not a hint of being over oaked. This is what I always imagined a ‘best’ whisky should taste like