18 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1994 CA
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.57 points
- The initial price was 549.- €
- Cadenhead Springbank Cadenhead.
Syrupy and musty, dunnage warehouse with apricots, nectarines and pear drops.
Light smoke, then kiwi and lime mixed with mango, pink peppercorn, soot and olive oil. Peaches and cream with a hint of peat.
Long lingering mouth coating syrupy fruits. Becomes oiler with hints of cresote but always remaining fresh.
- Mainly felt a good maturity and with water a nice ratios. 90/91.
Exotic fruits, peat, salted minerals, citruses, honey and spicy oak.
Matured oak, pepper, salted minerals, peat and fruits: kiwi, peach and gooseberry.
Long, spicy, dry, fruity.
- It is without a doubt a good spring bank, but at this price?
In my eyes overrated and massively overpriced!
For this price, you get three independent bottlings, which can easily keep up with this.
It's a pity that Cadenhead got in the head. Cadenhead had already struck the bow massively with the last Macallan bottling.
I hope that Cadenhead returns to the ground and focuses on his reputation as a fair, independent bottler.
very smokey. if you said this was a smokey caol ila or other islay i would have believed you.. lacks sweetness and typical springbank nose. too much ashtray for me
- Initial price in UK was 420 £. Quite a mark up for the other Cadenhead shops.
- tasted at campbeltown festival directors cut - im being conservative as we were treated to some stellar drams. wonderful dusty SB with bags of distillery character. Profile suits me but the price doesnt ;(
Out of Cadenheads control but what a fantastic old school dram....