- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Collection
- Ex-Bourbon + Sherry Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 01 Feb 2010 2:56 pm
11 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Connemara Sherry Finish
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.53 points
Fruity (oranges), leather, butter, peat, sweet, sherry
Fruity (oranges), leather, butter, peat
Medium long, oranges, leather
- http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%20104%20Cooley%20men%20John%20Cashman.html Test 104: Colley with John Cashman - 101006
The whiskey tested: Glass 1 Kilbeggan 15yo, 40% (blended whiskey), 699 kr 18 points
Glass 2 Tyrconnell Single Cask 15yo, 46%, sold out 30 points
Glass 3 Tyrconnell Madeira Finish 10yo, 46%, 639 kr 47 points
Glass 4 Tyrconnell Sherry Finish 10yo, 46%, 639 kr 14 points
Glass 5 Connemara Peated 8yo, 40%, 549 kr 31 points
Glass 6 Connemara Sherry Finished Peated, 46%, 699 kr 18 points Testimonials Per Eriksson Connemara Sherry Finished 10yo, 46%
Scent: Smoke, rubber, sherry tones, sweet fruits, berries, light chocolate
Taste: Smoke, fruit, rubber, berries, fruit, sweetness
Aftertaste: Smoke, fruit, carries some sweetness
Testimonials Bernt Sjödin Connemara Sherry Finished 10yo, 46%
Color: Light amber
Scent: Aning peat / smoke
Taste: Pretty stuffy, turmeric / smoky, sweet food
Aftertaste: Medium - long with sweet and dried fruit
- Drinkable but the sherry seems chemical to me.
- A good mix of Connemara's usual peat (which I do not appreciate personally because I only smell of peat) and sherry. Everything is well balanced, the sherry calm peat well. A touch of sweet fruit stays on the tongue. A well controlled mixture!
- A strange Connemara, can't get the smoke/sherry combo right.
Neat: Powerful nose, and with a strange aroma. That's all I can nose. With water: No strange aromas now. Lots of wood and sherry.
Neat: All I can taste is one hell of a weird taste, I can't put my finger on what it taste like.. With water: Now the weird taste is almost gone, and nice smoky flavors comes forward.
Medium long finish, with few flavors, sorry.