- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Travel Retail only
- Number of bottles
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 1:21 am
9 × in wishlist
77 × member ratings
152 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney WK 499 Isabella Fortuna
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.49 points
- Loving this naturalistic style. Excellent clear bourbon notes, full-bodied, paraffin-like and malty.
- Young, but quite dense and balanced whisky, the palette of derivatives is not particularly impressive, but everything is in place, perhaps lacking the brightness, sunny sparkle inherent in many releases of this distillery.
Open, dry, young bourbon notes - fresh boards, vanilla, mineral undertones; carpentry, lemon peel, grain, salty motifs,
Intense, dense, woody-mineral notes, vanilla, sweet creamy shades, grains, mineral-salty tones, lemon peel,
Light, warming, oak, lemon zest, creamy tones, mineral-metallic notes.
Citrus, vanilla, apple, pear, tangerines
Vanilla, maritime, lemon, apricot, peach, fruit compote, ginger
Long with fruit and spices
- A pleasant, concentrated Pulteney with a good taste profile, but somehow doesn't break through. 85/86.
Floral. Green apple, pear, citruses, vanilla, honey and butter.
Yellow fruits, citruses, spicy oak, marzipan and coconut.
Medium length, spicy and fruity.
Fresh, fruity (apples, pears), citrus, vanilla
Grassy, salty, lemon
Medium long, dry, bitter, salty, lemon
- straw color, very vanilla nose, lemony, cereals. Better on the palate, quite lively and powerful, with a slightly sweet side, vanilla, no caramel here, and more and more salt. Final of good length, very iodized, acidulated. Not much less freshness than in the Flotilla, less roundness, but more iodine and a little more powerful.
- More fruity, more malty and more vanilla than the 2nd release, plus a bit more punch due to its higher ABV.
Vanilla sugar, coconut, honey, marzipan, malt, citrus, kiwi, salt, earth and floral notes.
Marzipan, vanilla, lime, liquorice, malt, apricots, hazelnut, coconut, white chocolate, berries, citrus and iodine.
Almonds, nut oil, vanilla, lime and green apple.
- Nose: vanilla and demerara sugar.
Taste: slightly tart and fruity - apricots and peaches.
Finish: trademark salt on the finish.
Possibly my favourite OP from the ones I`ve tried.