- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Sherry Puncheon
- 54.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Jul 2019 7:40 am by Vallado
20 × in wishlist
75 × member ratings
122 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1994
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.64 points
- Had this at the distillery during the connoisseur's tour. Much lighter and weaker flavor profile than some previous 1993&1992 hand fills. Did not purchase after tasting it. totally not worth 265quid
Cooked berry compote, sweetened cornelian cherries, fruit bread, leather, wonderful herb spice note (rosemary, lovage, but also a touch of heather), dusty farmer's cabinet
Deep dark fruits, cigar box, the mouthfeel becomes increasingly creamy, woody-herbaceous aromas of the nose are also here through beautifully, in the second sip also clearly pepper and the fruit bread from the nose. Alcohol wonderfully integrated, exemplary for CS. Overall, but slightly thinner than the nose aromas.
Medium long, pleasantly warming, menthol freshness, light nut bitterness, some tobacco; unfortunately can not keep the level
- Lots of leather and dark dark chocolate. Also some gingerbread and cinnamon stars. Coffee, which goes towards mocha. Also something that goes in the direction of fermented plum / currant. In addition mahogany wood and wax / furniture polish. Reminds strongly of heavy and old dark musical instruments.
- Whoa this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but I was given this blind and was not really a fan at all.
I find it very spicy and thin. Chili oil, white pepper, bourbon like wood spice. Modern sherry. Lots of cherry, like a bourbon. No real depth. Lots of heat. My guess was a sherry finished bourbon :/
My guess is unpopular, but honest.
- The best whisky I ever had