- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Oloroso Seco Cask Wood
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Cl-Br: 169-1f
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2007 10:32 pm
12 × in wishlist
72 × member ratings
176 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1991
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.46 points
- Initital tasting was lower but after 2 months in opened bottle it revealed much more of it's true complexity. A wonderful little gem this one.
- The nose does not betray much about the taste.
The taste is a true explosion with predominant taste elements.
The finish is powerful and smoky and lasts longer.
Fruity, citrus, chocolate,
Sherry, honey, lemon, chocolate, sulfur, earth, caramel, smoky with wood.
Earth, sulfur, chocolate, caramel, smoke, honey and wood.
- Aroma: Sherry, Lemon, Honey, Oak, Floral
Taste: Sherry, lemon, spices, oak, malt, salt, light smoke in the background
Finish: medium long, sweet, malt, sherry, lemons, oak
- Single Dram
sherry, citronat/succade, wet oak, salty, sandy, musty, barley & dusting sugar, faint tobacco as well as some smoke. (86)
sherry, rancio upfront, then immediately very sweet, sherry, malt, dried fruits, caramel, (85)
turning even sweeter, nice barley sugar & citrus note with sherry, very faint austere notes at the end of wood, spices & tobacco. (87)
- A nice whisky with summer flavors. Not much to complain about really.
Very fresh and a little fruity nose. Oak and some flowery notes.
Very smooth. Fruity and lots of oak, nuts and bark. Vanilla.
Medium long finish, not much flavors though.
- This Clynelish DE 1991 has an amber color, a sweet
and nutty/malty flavour and with a few drops of water becomes fruitier and vanilla and spice arrive.The taste is smooth and sweet, lightly peatyish and fruity and with three or four drops of water becomes even smoother, with more vanilla aroma, fruitier and more softer peat, gets then drier and nuttier.