FINRIC Blended Whisky

2019
Strength
01 Jul 2019 6:54 pm by Brinker

Whisky Reviews for FINRIC Blended Whisky

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.75 points

1. www.whisky-helden.de scored this whisky 81 points Member Junior

A cool blend with character, which has surprised me especially on the palate with its idiosyncratic chili aroma and so definitely conjures up a recognition value in the glass. Certainly not a masterpiece, but that's not what you expect from this blend. My conclusion this time I steal from Finric himself: "A whiskey for a relaxing whiskey evening". Pure to enjoy very well without having to worry too much about depth, aromas, etc. would break. Simply uncomplicated or as Finric dubbed it:

Pour - Sip - Enjoy
      At the beginning, a fruity mix of sweetish cocktail fruits (especially pear) and refreshing, sourish fruits like lemon and pineapple dominates. At first I hear a noticeable honey and vanilla note as well as cereals, which, however, are soon replaced by the pleasant citrus fragrances in the background. A slight mint flavor indicates here in my opinion on a certain Antiel Grain whiskey. Furthermore, I would commit myself to a younger blend.
    • Taste
      Wow - I did not expect that now. In the mouth, a mega dominate and extraordinary tingling, slightly acidic chili note spreads, which I've heard so in any whiskey. I tasted the blend a few more days later, to prove to myself that crass chili note, and indeed, it was back;) Behind the chilli hide malty, grainy and floral aromas of Williams pear and green banana as well as subtle herbs. Overall, very mild, but to my taste a too distinctive chili flavor, which overlays the other flavors. There is not the perfect harmony between the flavors here.
      Comparatively short with traces of dark chocolate, pepper and chili as well as strong spiciness.

2. Qwertz scored this whisky 88 points Member Junior

candied fruit, cotton candy, vanilla, citrus fruits, raisins, honey, chocolate, mint
    • Taste
      Pear, chocolate, apple, malt, toffee, light herbs, pineapple, banana, chili, pepper
      pleasantly warm, light, spicy, sparkling