- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Madeira Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 4:54 pm
13 × in wishlist
79 × member ratings
157 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tyrconnell 10-year-old Madeira
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.79 points
- Very nice. Very relaxed.
Very sweet, fruity aroma.
Apricots, tangerines, wood notes.
- Beautiful fruity Irishman who lives up to his name makes .
Boey what a nose A glass of sweet tropical fruit. Kiwi, pineapple, mango, papaya mango and all the hot ones. And cinnamon sugar sprinkled over it. Great nose.
Fortunately, the taste is not so sweet anymore. Here he suggests harsher tones. For here he has a light alcohol sting.
Short and soft, like a down duvet.
- nice sweetness, some grapes, some malt, a bit grassy. that is "nice" malt, I miss complexity (or maybe its there but I am just not able to taste it ...). finish is rather short and not impressive at all. Not my style of whiskey
- Pleasing Tyrconnell with a matchy sweet dry madeira taste.Concerning price/performance ratio: 7/10
Sweet madeira, red fruits, overripe oranges, caramel, wine, vanilla, honey.
Fruits, matches, sweet dry madeira, caramel, a bit dry.
Medium. Sweet red fruits, oak, raisins.
- [January, 2016] I had this dram during an "Irish" FoSM club tasting.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 80. I
took no detailed notes as this whiskey did not interest me.
- Malt, chocolate, fruit, hyper pastry. I was expecting a more fruity profile. In the mouth, full, it has the presence of a Scotch and the drinkability of an Irishman. Finale on spicy spices. I was expecting more (too much) of this whiskey, it lacks a little exuberance, without having "real" defect elsewhere.
Firm and malty. Woody.
Soft and seemingly simple start then things pick up. A juicy mouthwatering quality reminiscent of mango. Balanced. Some chocolate.