- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Oloroso Sherry Casks Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- red stripe above the middle of the label
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 2:29 pm
10 × in wishlist
197 × member ratings
400 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bushmills Black Bush
32 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.88 points
- a very good quality, well matured Irish whiskey, with a complex nose and taste (june 2017)
(neat) very mellow nose, sweet and luscious, lots of raisins, dark honey, sweet malt
(water) nose become lighter and simpler, some honey, vanilla, nougat
(neat) sweet, bitter oak, some spices, taste turns drier in development, brown sugar, cinnamon
(water) quite complex, semi-sweet and bitter taste, with dark dried fruits
medium to long, dry sherry, raisins
- A whiskey more aromatic than the original version. An entry level also correct, but lacks complexity to be really interesting. It is nonetheless entertaining.
a completely different profile of the "Original". Here we are on heavier notes, sweeter. We always have the feeling of feeling a dog after the rain but this whiskey seems nevertheless more complex. We really feel the influence of Sherry's barrel: orange, nuts, rotten wood. The caramel is perfectly noticeable. And then, we have some notes of sulfur, hidden behind this sweet side not very engaging. Fruits: banana, apricot, peach, cherries. A little freshness with mint. It's sweeter than the "original" version.
it's more powerful than the "Original". Notes of nuts, wood, coffee and caramel. The woody notes are shaded with fruity notes. Nevertheless, it is much rounder than the "Original". There are notes of toast also.
of a correct length, despite the reduction. Not unpleasant.
- A tasty-sweet whiskey - 13.11.2014
Malt sweetness, vanilla, slightly spicy
Very sweet, vanilla, toffee, mild body
- A cute nose although only slightly expressive, the rest fishing too much to spend all over 80. Mouth harmless and very simple, final nonexistent.
Grain notes immediately on the nose. We have milk chocolate, a touch of cream, a few light fruits - apricots and peaches - and vanilla-coconut. A touch of menthol and traces of nuts and almonds. Nobody in the lot is frankly stunning.
The texture is almost watery, the milk chocolate still in attack, nuts and caramel. The development is particularly short! On the other hand alcohol leaves us relatively painstaking.
- My notes from 18-8-2014
Sweet sherry, fruity, orange, mint, flowers and licorice
Creamy, milk chocolate, fruit, raisins, peppermint and cherries
Meduim, fruity, sweet, oak and grains at the end
- Had this many times, even back in the day, love it, and it is still a great price.