- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Three Woods
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- American Oak, Oloroso Sherry & Port Pipes
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 2:09 pm
25 × in wishlist
214 × member ratings
483 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bushmills 16-year-old
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.58 points
- A high-tension whiskey that offers a lot to discover.
Wow! Gorgeous sweet and fruity. Intense yet very mild nose. Sticky dates. In addition dark wood and leather notes. Cocoa. Extremely varied and exciting.
Creamy soft. But also surprisingly dry. Lots of spicy oak and sour leather. Then a lot of dark chocolate. A few strong plums. In my opinion one tastes the old age and the exciting composition of the barrels.
The finish is not quite as long due to the rather low alcohol content. But it is aromatic and delicious with cocoa and oak.
- - A very good Irishman from the house of Bushmills
- Sherry - honey - Marzipan - caramel - spicy
- mild - dark chocolate - Slightly spicy - slightly sweetish
- long - chocolaty
- [April, 2000] I had another dram during a "Taste the difference" tasting at
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 80
points. My notes state a nose with a strong apple aroma.
- [October, 1998] I had this dram during a tasting at Kyrburg. In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this dram 82,5. Unfortunately no additional notes were taken.
Gentle caramel and orange pulps first, layered with whiff of dark
fruits in the middle, some airy and light barley husks, nutty. Breath
deep for the fresh plums and bourbon characters.
Palate:- Delicate mouthfeel, lightly spiced with cinnamon sweet flowing on the palate, matured and rounded.
Finish:- Dry and deep, bitter chocolate and a touch of spicy spice. Hint of warm, short-medium length.
— at The Whiskey Bar, Kuala Lumpur.