- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Peated Single Malt
- Oak barrel
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 2:01 pm
4 × in wishlist
85 × member ratings
243 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Connemara 40%
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 76.88 points
smoky, something sweet
pleasantly sweet, malty, fruity
long and pleasant approach
Slightly smoky, balanced with slightly floral, but also slightly plastic-like.
Slightly smoky, with vanilla; reasonably flat whiskey.
- Peat dominates burnt rubber, fruity, quite light, interesting.
- For me, it is an disgusting whiskey. It tastes like plastic. The only whiskey that I don` t like. Sorry.
- Nose: Smokey peatiness balanced by heather floralness with hints of honey and oak. Taste: Silky smooth with a honey sweet start, followed by more complex aromas of malt and fruit giving way to the intensifying full bodied peat. A well-balanced yet complex taste with vanilla oak notes. Finish: A long and glorious finish with golden honey notes and deep peat spreading across the mouth and palate. Hints of chocolate vanilla and oak leave a mouth-watering taste!
- Peat, peat, peat, peat... and what else? In my humble opinion lacks of something else behind the peat. Anyway, I won´t say no to a dram of it. An average whiskey that can be enjoyable for a non demanding palate.
Sweet, pure peat, vanilla and flower tones - one of the deepest and most comprehensive Irish scents.
The taste is again very sweet, peat, soft honey and oily, wonderfully smoky.
It dries and gets a bit of oak morsel, but the peat rolls on.
- I liked it, but there was something missing. Maybe Ireland is not ready for the peated variety. it sure can`t hold a candle to Islay!