SPEY Tenné

Strength
25 Jun 2019 7:09 am by DramTimeNL
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for SPEY Tenné

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.33 points

1. Numwierum scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

Nose: Batch I - goes more in the direction, red berries with light wood notes and the alcohol is barely audible.
    Batch II - has more hints of red grapes and some fermented fruit, the alcohol is slightly more present here.

Mouth: Batch I - it starts very sweet, then red berries, a bit dry with light oak. Batch II - the start is strong and slightly bitter, again fermented fruits, then a little raisin.

Finish: Batch I - medium-long, woody aromas and raisins remain behind.
    Batch II - quite short, easy to feel the alcohol and the fermented fruit come to light again.

Two young Port Whisky's living off their using barrels. As different the color, as different the taste. Can one say that one is better, the other worse? I think both of them are good, but yes I have my favorite and that's the batch I! The alcohol is better integrated and the fruit notes I feel as intense. But I like the fact that the two batches are different, because the tastes are different and it is not boring.
    • Taste