- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Green Thistle
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 28 Jan 2010 6:56 pm
23 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 100° Proof
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.64 points
- Delicious sherried springbank, really enjoyable
- An extreme of sherry bombs, very intense and rich, a bit rough that deducted some points from me.
Very rich sherry and smoke, a lot of tropical fruits, extremely sweet, dried fruits including raisins, apricots etc.
Rich sherry and ripe fruits, ripe apple, banana and passion fruits. Very leathery as well.
Long, minty and herbal
- The old Yunding, mixed with old wine, reveals an old style of old style.
Scent: Tropical ripe fruit stand ~ licorice tablets, bananas, pears, red apples, cream cakes... chocolate cake!
Entrance: very thick, alcoholic and spicy, black coffee with a layer of cream, caramel cream cake
Tail rhyme: spice, maltose, thick honey, slightly ginger and orange liqueur, Bailey sweet?
- I opened the Single dark and the Double dark at the same time. My scores are:
Single dark -- 93.5 points
Double dark -- 94.5 points
- There are 2 versions of the US 750ml 50% 12 year old 100 proof -- so-called "single dark" and "double dark". Ras Mazunga already claimed the other page as double dark, so let this page be for the "single dark" only.
- I think Wheatfield's notes belong on another bottle page as the 50% & 57% are a little different profile wise not to mention different abv.
I think it should be here. this bottle page is for the 50% version, the 57% is the followimg link
- This is the 57% version in a 70cl bottle. Medium amber pour. Nose is pungent…honeycomb, caramelized banana, caramelized pears or apples, taking it to a somewhat funky/fermented level. Freakin good. Mouth thick and very strong. Lots of alcohol heat. But tons of these rich, weird sweet flavors going on. Super heavy banana bread, rum-drizzled raisins with vanilla ice cream. Ah, the most "rum raisin" I've ever tasted in a whisky, hands down! A note in the late finish is black licorice. Just a wild, pungent, and great collage going on. With water - softer and less wild, with a nod toward the sweeter cakes, honey, and a bit of orange liqueur. This is one of the more interesting bottles I've opened recently. Drinking it some timer later, you can find cola syrup, ginger, and powdered spices too foreign to name.
- A superb whisky.
- A stunner no question, just beautiful.I could nose this for hours.
Sherried perfection, stewed forrest fruits, shoe polish, very rich Christmas cake (lots of brandy and the best cherries).This smells old, leather armchairs, wood, leather, varnish.The nose promises a hell of alot, this is lovely and showed be nosed for a long time to get the best out of it.
Deep sherry, mouth coating, thick on dark fruits (blackcurrent, black cherry), cinder toffee, dark plain chocolate.
Long, the fruit and chocolate remain.