- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Koval Quarter Cask Finish
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Jun 2019 9:20 am by Erik Elixir
9 × in wishlist
88 × member ratings
127 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 08-year-old
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.79 points
- Young representative with an interesting rye finish. Quite simply and without major highlights.
The alcohol cools the nose and shows the youth. You immediately have a nice sweetness and spicy grain notes. I search in vain for fruity flavors in this whisky. Overall very closed but sometimes something else.
Very sweet immediately on the tongue. The alcohol tingles, does not seem to be very well integrated. The mouthfeel is lively, there is a nice spiciness. Cinnamon and nutmeg come through.
Drying quickly and quickly. Very little wood.
- I got this whisky as part of a master class.
Color: sun yellow
sour milk, bear droppings, yoghurt, malt sugar, caramel
Caramel, vanilla, malt, yoghurt, sour haribos
Peach, cherry, malt, quite short
- Tasted on 03-20-2020.
- This one needs some time, at first the nose appears to be the best part, but with some patience everything gets stronger, and especially the finish improves significantly.
Very sweet aroma, vanilla and honey, a bit grainy as well. Also a bit spicy, pepper. Not a very intense nose.
Now some tingling mouthfeel appears, sweet, vanilla and honey, but somehow a bit thin.
Still a little pickering, sweet, honey, vanilla, a bit drying mouthfeel. At frist not too long, but after some time it gets longer, stronger and much better.