- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Koval Rye Quarter Cask Finish
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Jun 2019 9:20 am by Erik Elixir
10 × in wishlist
108 × member ratings
156 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 08-year-old
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.59 points
- Certainly not a highflyer but just a decent young whisky with an interesting maturation. The quarter cask left his mark on the the spirit and gives this Glenallachie aromas like vanilla, cinnamon (goldstrike’ish), cloves, ginger and malty sugars. Given the price point I would consider this an interesting zipper.
Honey, vanille, spicy and wood. Great for an 8 aged.
Olly, spicy, sweet, vanilla, sherry, kaneel
Dry and sweet, vanilla
Good value for money
- Young representative with an interesting rye finish. Quite simply and without major highlights.
The alcohol cools the nose and shows the youth. You immediately have a nice sweetness and spicy grain notes. I search in vain for fruity flavors in this whisky. Overall very closed but sometimes something else.
Very sweet immediately on the tongue. The alcohol tingles, does not seem to be very well integrated. The mouthfeel is lively, there is a nice spiciness. Cinnamon and nutmeg come through.
Drying quickly and quickly. Very little wood.
- I got this whisky as part of a master class.
Color: sun yellow
sour milk, bear droppings, yoghurt, malt sugar, caramel
Caramel, vanilla, malt, yoghurt, sour haribos
Peach, cherry, malt, quite short
- Tasted on 03-20-2020.
- This one needs some time, at first the nose appears to be the best part, but with some patience everything gets stronger, and especially the finish improves significantly.
Very sweet aroma, vanilla and honey, a bit grainy as well. Also a bit spicy, pepper. Not a very intense nose.
Now some tingling mouthfeel appears, sweet, vanilla and honey, but somehow a bit thin.
Still a little pickering, sweet, honey, vanilla, a bit drying mouthfeel. At frist not too long, but after some time it gets longer, stronger and much better.