- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Bordeaux & Sauternes Cuvée
- 183 + 216
- Number of bottles
- 58.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky
- Added on
- 09 Jun 2019 7:38 pm by Ana_tol
11 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2007
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.77 points
- Exactly my thing! Strong smoke, active wine barrels, decent barrel strength.
Aromatic, warm smoke wafts out of the glass and brings sweet dark grapes with it. Gorgeous!
Sticky, sweet grapes wrapped in smoked bacon. Fine wine note
Creamy on the tongue. Strong start. A lot of aromatic smoke. Pleasantly sweet and juicy. Delicious dram!
Mild and long. The smoke stays sweet. The wine notes become a little drier very late.
- Very nice malt, really (as for 10 yo) complex on the nose and balanced simple but very tasty palate. Wine influence can be recognized although those wine casks remind sherry maturation quite much. Sweetness hides smoky notes quite well but they appear mostly in aftertaste. The whisky is quite expensive as for 11 yo but I think it worth the price.
Sweet, winy, dark caramel, spices (cinnamon and cloves), dried fruits (prunes, cherries and dates), baked apples, juicy sweet oranges, green tea with milk, hints of smoke and oak. Water opens up grassy notes, honey and fruit caramel
Sweet, rather spicy (peppers and ginger), winter spicy cake, orange zest, red wine, roasted almonds, strawberry fudge, slightly astringent oak and sooty notes
Quite long, slightly ashy, sweet, nutty, strawberry jam, some leathery notes, very gentle oak at the end
- One for the sweet tooth. Smoke and oak are hard on the sweetness to arrive. Purely too sweet for my taste. With water, the sweetness decreases a bit, and the smoke and oak come through better, then he likes me quite well.
Very sweet, with vanilla, caramel, cotton candy, popcorn, Turkish honey, candied apples, juicy pears, strawberry jam, fresh cherries, white chocolate. Daninzer is the smoke, but rather reserved, can not really prevail against the sweet. Also a slight silage lining note is there.
Strong start, silky mouthfeel. The sweet is immediately back in full. Cotton candy and white chocolate, the candied apples. Smoke and oak are getting stronger.
Medium. Still very cute. The oak makes itself a bit more noticeable, and brings some bittersweet. The smoke still supporting actor. White chocolate, pepper.