- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon Barrels & Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- SAN 08.01.19 18/129
- Added on
- 24 May 2019 5:13 pm by Tjus79
11 × in wishlist
237 × member ratings
609 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman Sanaig
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.42 points
- A balanced combination of peat and sherry, with none of them overwhelming. It displays some sweet red fruits notes with a warm, salty smokiness.
The mouthefeel is surprisingly light, but doesn't affect the full flavour impact, evolving in a cereal and sweet smoky finish. Very enjoyable dram and somehow easily drinkable.
Another good work from Kilchoman
- Good, masculine and grumpy
vegetable peat and a little smoke, powdered sugar, lemon
powerful peat and a lot of smoke, mentholated, very, very medicinal
smoked and medicinal
- A fine whisky to drink in company. A little smoke breaks through the pleasant and expected aromas. Nothing supernatural but without any special flaws. You fill it in and you're happy. And for such a small price, so this is a gift!
- Pretty fine and balanced and very drinkable - would qualify as daily dram!
Fruity, little peaty and smoky, honey, spices, vanilla, little toffee, little herbal too - very good!
Oily, creamy, subtle sweetness, more fine peat and smoke, little honey, yellow fruits, little peach, apple, apricot - great!
Long, warm, still fruity, little zesty, little more herbal, cigar tobacco, ashes, more peaty and smoky
- The little Islay distillery, which is not yet in the clutches of the Big Boys, maybe gives me a sympathy point.
Color: golden yellow
Rauch, Powidl, grapes, cherry
Powidl, smoke, dry, cherry, apricot
fairly long finish, smoke, powidl, cherry
- A good malt - great combination of smoke and sherry.
[Color] rose gold;
aromatic strong smoke, malt, raisins, berries, sherry, vanilla;
powerful, oily, figs, dates, sherry, caramel, full campfire smoke, ashes, tar, dark chocolate, a lot
medium length finish, spices, caramel; aftertaste dry (dusty) and peppery;
- Room temperature when drinking: 15 ℃
Viewing Eyes: Gold
Smell Nose: Compared with Gemu Lake, it has more mint (alcohol) stimulation, a rich sense of fat, brings out a fat sashimi, a hint of fresh, weak vegetable oil, green banana, fragrant pear, white pepper , Sugar, sweet soy sauce, cooked apples, minerals, herbs, flowers, fresh fruit, mango, pineapple, almond tofu, cheese and milk rolls, vanilla walnut ice cream
Taste Palate: sweet and sour mango juice, vanilla cake, apple pie, pepper, wooden spices, oak. Still soft smoke, like fog, visible untouchable, pleasant sense of balance. No alcohol stimulation
Finishing: Long, passion fruit juice, mango-flavored chewing gum, smoke, extinguished matches, bacon, sweetness, sugared mineral water, apple juice
Body of the wine: lighter, full of fat, smooth, no tannin, and little bitter bottom.
Overall: If it makes me picky, it should be that the wine can be thicker and thicker. The sweet and sour fruit flavor + light smoky style seems to have tapped a little of his own preference.