- Single Malt
- Wm. Sanderson & Son Ltd. (WM.S)
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- SD 41
- Bottled for
- Gio. BUTON & C. S.p.A - Bologna
- Added on
- 17 Jan 2010 11:43 am
6 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
74 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenesk 05-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.68 points
- Smooth and fruity quite nice
- This one starts of very smooth and gentle, but gains some power along the way. Fruity, sweet and some grassy notes.
Fruity, apples, some sweet like honey too. Light nose. Something grassy arrives, hay. And vanilla.
Soft and smooth, nut no thin or watery mouthfeel. Oily thickness, some orange, honey, a bit of caramel. Also some grassy, mossy kind of thing. Later on, more pepper comes in with a slight tingling feel.
Now some pepper, but still very smooth and gentle. Thick, sweet fruity, peach and orange. A little bit of candy-like sweetness now as well. Later on, also in the finish things get a bit more powerfull and tingling.
- Very light and easy drinking ... I scored it rather high because of the candle wax note that I really love in some older Clynelish or Fettercairn bottlings. For a maturation point of view this is really well made. Worth the money ... no ... you pay mostly the name. But a really decent dram none the less.
Very light nose. Some hints of hay, flowers and vanilla, a whiff of green apples and some candle wax.
Really light and easy drinking ... again some candle wax coming trough. Some vanilla and nutmeg as well. Not that complex but really nice and easy drinking.
Rather short finish of candle wax and nutmeg. This one flies away before you can begin to write on your tasting notes.
- Very light in color and so it comes in the nose, fresh barley perhaps with some apple, just as in the mouth, a bit flat, straw-like, very short on the finish. I think anyone who does not like the typical notes of whisky with some smoke is served here rather well. A whisky with little character.