- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 May 2019 5:51 pm by el Gato
6 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
111 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.19 points
- A great Springbank 10, of course. Classic notes of a 10’er. Salt, liquerice, blueberries, slightly chemical, herbs, redcurrants, white pepper. Love The oily texture, it’s great. In addition to The nose there are lemons and some delicate smoke. Long and clean finish. Fresh Raspberries, eucalyptus and salt liquerice in addition in The finish. The reason why The 10 is better than The 15 and 18 is simply The above description. Clean bourbon Springbank notes compared to The Springbank Sherry, in which The last 2 decades tend to be somewhat more sour (sulphured ) notes, hence The 10 is simply better imho. There are less sulphured notes these days which is really promising. Until furter notice, The Springbank 10 is easily my go-to dram, especially given The price. Cheers
- Part of a bfyb set with all whiskies that are tend to be overlooked by us ‘snobs’ because of we are being more busy buying expensive bottles, lol. Tonight I am having a Springbank night. This is number Two
Oomph this is sweet stuff. A big bag of (sugared) candy on the first sniff. I get raspberry and sugared strawberries. Also cherry candies and cola bottles. In the background I get some peppermint. I like my whisky a little less sweet. This is without a doubt a very sweet flavored batch. In time it eases down a bit.
A lot less candy on the palate. Sweet peat, more spices and some more smoked red fruit. After some time the palate really opens up.
Medium-long. Peat with a nice layer of tobacco first and dark polished oak furniture after. The finale gives some smoked candy and bbqed meat.
I don’t know but quite some Springbank 10 batches seem to be very different from one another. I’ve had good once’s, extremely peated once’s and now a very sweet one. It seems to be a bit discontinuous.
- Room temperature when drinking: 25 ℃
Viewing Eyes: Honey water smells Nose: It started with clear minerals, gray rocks, jade, and then transitioned to salted sparkling water, mixed with a trace of smoked bacon, vanilla cream cake, honey chiffon cake appeared in the middle and back And a little taste of cucumber and honeydew flavor Palate: salty, salty bitter taste, the middle part is mineral, a bit like limestone, and the sense of cleanness is less than Hasselblad 10. Then came the aroma of the red Fuji peel, the milky aroma of fresh figs, and then slowly turned to a woody milky taste. It is slightly sweet at the end, and there is still a bit of bitterness left at the base of the tongue.
Finish: long, honeydew melon cake, cucumber skin, green extract, honey water, the balance is smoked bacon. Body: medium light, actually not loose, medium to upper fat, less bitter base, no tannins
Nose: 85.5 / 100
Finish: 84.5 / 100
Overall: It's a bit salty for me
- 01.07.19 Bottle code 89 points
- Nose 21.5, taste 21.5, finish 21.5, balance 21.5