- Distillery Bottling
- Hybrid Casks
- Batch 01
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 14 May 2019 7:02 am by holborndrinker
6 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
46 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kinahan's The Kasc Project
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.96 points
- With 'The Kasc Project' Kinahan's dares to break new ground in whiskey maturation. Specially made so-called 'hybrid barrels' were used for storage. The staves of the barrels are cut from five different types of wood: Portuguese, American, French and Hungarian oak, as well as chestnut.
vanilla, honey, nutmeg, clove, oak wood, butterscotch
vanilla, honey, oak wood
- Is really different from other whiskeys. Did the project succeed with different staves? Well, at least it would not have failed.
The price / performance ratio fits. But buy again, I don't know. Maybe my opinion will change after 2 or 3 attempts ;-)
Cloves in oranges. Some vanilla and cinnamon
Sweet and dry, pleasantly soft, some wood in the background. I can also see plums.
only briefly, if you think that's it, there is still bitter wood.
- this drift towards bitter is interesting, but not really great, you can taste it, but I don't have to drink it more often
Caramel, orange jam, some ginger
first sweet, caramel, then dark chocolate-> coffee-> charcoal (!)
warm, coffee, cloves
- Sweet, parfumy, a bit sourly with almost no finish...
- Aroma: woody, with a predominance of chestnut ... A certain fruity is sweet and sour, but I can not determine what it is, pickled cucumbers ...
Taste: cleaned, sweet and light
Finish: practically absent
A good drink.
The guys riveted barrels from different rivets, an innovative approach ... I love courageous experimenters.
On the most drink it.
- Quite different and tasty. The nose still likes best. The other types of wood are already noticeable. But then he builds more and more in my opinion. The finish takes a bit of pleasure then. Still a nice experience.
Scary sweet plum compote with a little vanilla. Add some cinnamon sticks with some anise and cardamom.
The sweetie goes back. There is a dryness and some spice. The plums remain, plus some acacia honey.
Short to medium. Something bitter. But something goes in the direction of coke.
Plum, wood, cookies, vanilla
Soft, dry, sweet. Vanilla again.