- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Seasons - 2019 Spring
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Refill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 49.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky Import
- Added on
- 02 may 2019 4:14 pm by Mischi
5 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
65 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Spey 2007 SV
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points
- Warming, some floral and herbal notes. Soap and malt. Also sweet. Overall not too interesting.
- Can a whisky be interesting at the same time and still be boring?
Unfortunately not my case, this bottling.
While the nose still has an association with wine gum, it is sweet and somewhat fruity, while the mouth and finish are dominated by salty, herbaceous, peppery flavors (salty herring?)
- Maybe I'm missing something (only judging from a sample), but in my opinion this is not a very interesting cask. Slightly undermature, grassy spirit poured from a somewhat active refill sherry cask, a bit honeyed and herbal, nicely fresh and clean, nothing wrong with it, but overall not very impressive. It's not bad at all, but I think you can do better with 60-65 €. I think this could've been much better with +5 years of maturation.