- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon + Sassicaia Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 May 2019 1:33 pm by gooos
5 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
48 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2011 - Sassicaia
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.75 points
- Great balance of the 'basic' Benro qualities (smoke, wood & fruit - which I find superbly balanced to begin with) plus the elegance of the wine finish, which is never intrusive or 'winey'. I just keep sipping it and trying to fathom it, always savoring. The 45 a.b.v. is also spot on: graceful strength of character.
It seems to me that w/ Benromach you already get the best of both worlds: Speyside and Island/Campbeltown character; and w/ this one you get a lovely cask finish on top. I picked it up at whiskysite.nl for less than 40 euros, and, like nearly all their special offers, this is a real steal.
Gordon & MacP (who own Benro) really know their stuff and here, as far as I can tell, they're in full control.
- Great wine barrel maturation - successful combination with smoke. A great made, good, maybe a bit too expensive whisky!
wonderfully fruity, vanilla, sweetness, spices, pleasant smoky aromas;
powerful, spicy, pepper, ginger, fruit (grapes, peach, orange); in the background smoke, some oak; mouth-filling;
medium length, only a little smoke, peppery aftertaste;
- nice combination of the Sassicaia red wine casks and the peaty style of Benromach, really easy drinkable and highly enjoyable
- Balance (20)
Not my whisky (81)
The aroma is thick, sticky, wine ... warm, raw pastries with strawberry jam. Spices and wood, a little varnish ... having stood, yellow plums and milk chocolate appeared (21)
Dry, spicy, wine sour and coffee with milk (20)
Dry, woody, spicy finish with bitter ginger and grated stone seed, slightly menthol and berries ... barely perceptible smoke (20)