86.61/100
Strength
2019/02 19/02002
28 Apr 2019 9:12 am by Dirk

Whisky Reviews for Secret Islay 1998 TWA

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.61 points

[June, 2019] Ooh, a secret Islay distillery - are there still secrets on Islay? I doubt.

...and I do not want to know this secret! The devil obviously p***ed gallons of his sulphurous fluid into this cask which is one of the most extreme sulphur-spoiled drams I ever came across. Chewing a box full of matches might be more tasty, I guess (but I do not try, why should I?).
      The colour is deep copper and the nose offers an extremely sulphur-spoiled dram - I stop nosing because this is disgusting. Maybe one of the hell boys or hell girls can finish the job...
    • Taste
      I reject to drink such stuff because I know that my taste buds will be corrupted for almost a complete day if I do so. But why should I kill my taste buds?
      Finish? Yes, this dram finished itself in the toilet - it is a shame to sell such stuff without a warning on the label! Sorry, Carsten...

2. Dirk scored this whisky 72 points Super Administrator

Have to be fair and mention that this might not be my style of whisky. Some would love this I guess.

3. svenske2015 scored this whisky 90 points Expert Senior

Great and - yes, yes, yes - a splitting bottling on coffee and dark chocolate. I like heavy sherried drams (too) and I am not too sensible for a little sulphurous stuff. So, I am on Ruben's side... And 0.5 extra points for the label.