- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Earthy and masculine
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 58.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Campbeltown Malts Festival 2019
- Added on
- 18 Apr 2019 6:57 pm by dramspotter
2 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
32 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Scotia 10-year-old SMWS 93.108
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.74 points
N: We are talking of an all-bourbon funkster, offering fresh resinous vanilla and a hessian note.
T: Super-clean & slick on sweet vanilla resins. Faultless straight shooter that gains traction.
F: Sustained finish, though not quite so with water. Barley sugar finish, some hessian underneath.
C: A decent cask-led contemporary-styled bottling.
- Issue price in May 2019: £ 64.00
- SMWS Tasting Notes: The nose reminded one panellist of fixing his model railway - others got cooking chocolate, pain au chocolat, pine needles, a carpenter's bench and an Afghan coat. The palate had intense, sweet wood smoke, medicinal elements (menthol, Euthymol) foamy bananas and stewed rhubarb; an after-taste of chewing twigs and coltsfoot rock - all rather earthy and masculine - but good. Water and time improved the nose - perfumed, floral smoke; spicy Christmas baking and an old leather bag of wooden-shafted gold clubs. The palate had hints of herbal smoke, coffee, Murray Mints and salty driftwood - a perfect dram for coming in from the cold.