- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 88% Bourbon / 12% Port
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 04 Apr 2019 8:55 am by maltaholic
17 × in wishlist
73 × member ratings
176 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 18-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.63 points
- Citric, honey, candy, woody, peat, fruity, peppery, nutmeg, ginger. Somewhat lively, burning, creamy, slightly watery, medium body, medium intensity.
- This is score is for the new purple label not the blue one.
Meaty, fruity and much more peated than expected, complex and not typical of the springbank profile, this is a heavyweight 18 year Springer, Iike it.
- First fruity and fresh, at the end more spicy
Fruity and a touch of smoke
A bit oily with a nice mouthfeel. Tastes of fruit, vanilla and honey
Medium long and soft with some spices
- Still a sucker for bourbon Springers ; thumbs up.
- Is wonderful in the mouth you can taste the individual notes very well. Nice long finish, absolutely no bitterness ..... just wonderful in every way. So far the best "modern age" spring bench I have had. Is worth every penny despite its price. You have to see the handiwork at Springbank here.
very fruity (citrus), sweet, minimal smoke, light woody notes, honey
sweet, very fruity, slightly oily, oak, light medicinal smoke, slightly spicy
some malt, fruity, minimally tart, no smoke, some sherry, slightly spicy, caramel
- Appearance: Pale gold, straw. Great legs. Oil and viscous.
Nose: Heather honey, lemon, vanilla, light campfire smoke, bit of banana, raisin, slightly briny, a bit of nuts. They suggest olive oil, and yet, I think so. A touch of leather.
Palate: Sweet honey, toffee, vanilla, light smoke, alcohol burn, citrus, ginger.
Finish: Vanilla, ginger, licorice.
With Water: More malt sugar and cookies, chocolate, vanilla in the nose. Oak and smoke come out in the mouth, spicy cinnamon and licorice.
Overall: Lighter than the 15 and I think less sherried. Doesn’t taste significantly older to me. Great stuff but I think I enjoyed the 12 and 15 better, and they cost much less.