- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Explorers Series - Volume 2
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Ex-Sherry Hogsheads Amontillado Sherry Finish
- Number of bottles
- 47.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 20 03 19
- Added on
- 03 Apr 2019 2:44 pm by ctu
78 × in wishlist
164 × member ratings
960 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Lochranza Castle
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.26 points
- The third trilogy from Arran. To me this "second of the third" is the best bottling ever so far.
- Wonderfull well matured signature of Arran. A lot of fruit and vanilla. A very long warm, mellow and creamy finish. Stunning !
Lots of vanilla, pineapple, quite creamy. Some coconut
A burst of vanilla, pineapple, whipped cream, a lot of woodyness (fresh oak).
Very fruity and creamy finish. Again pineapples and some apricots as well now. A long and nuttyness and woodyness stays in the mouth for quite some time.
- 90 Wonderful Molt! Wonderful legs!
Nose: tight, cream vanilla, dried fruit, sandalwood.
Taste: full, dense, beauty! Dried fruits, vanilla, cinnamon.
Aftertaste: warm, very long. Nothing bulges!
- Wonderful sherried Arran, opens up with time beautifully. One of the best from the distillery
Vanilla, bakery, lemon cake, later - spices and a bit of leather, sultanas (23)
Very fruity, fresh, thick, a bit oily, lots of dried fruits and spices, some berries (23)
Long, spicy, sweet, leather (22)
Some woody notes at first. Strawberries. Marzipane. Sweetnes. Cereal. Butterscotch. Blue berries
Mouthcoating. Red berries. Cherries. Barley. Hint of salt. Honey sweetness. Lemons. Black pepper. Blue berries.
Long. Cask influence. Jammy sweetness. Citrus and barley.
- N21 P22 F22 B22
- Nose 22, taste 22, finish 22, balance 22