86.31/100
Market
ch Switzerland
31 Mar 2019 12:22 pm by RoyalScotsman

Whisky Reviews for Port Charlotte 2001 TCW

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.31 points

1. dumdi_san scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

Unfortunately extremely expensive, but of the 6 bottlings for me together with the Sauternes Octomore the best.

2. Mickey-Blueeyes scored this whisky 90 points Expert Senior

As already written before, my feeling is that the price / performance ratio is rather bad. I also tried all 6, which has a great nose.
    Strange, flowery, light smoke, coffee, initially a bit snappy.
    Taste, PC smoke, sweet, creamy, dark chocolate
    Departure smoke

3. ARDBERG scored this whisky 75 points Connoisseur

General note: Having tasted all six drams of The Cask Whisperers first release in a special tasting, I have to confess that this release has nothing special (other than disappointment) at all except for a bad price quality relation. Maybe I expected too much of Jim McEwan, who has one of the biggest legacy of modern whisky times. But to me he missed out on adding to it, rather I feel he substracted a lot. It starts with the packing, which looks like it was created by someone on the cheap, not worthy of the big man. The contents, for a first release, where I would bottle my best stuff, is dissapointing to say the least but fits the overall appearance of the release. What you see is what you get and taste for too much moolah based on a high priced swiss market. In this way it is a fitting realease but not on a high note, not at all.
    _____________________________________

PC and sherry is not my favourite combination and it is not changing here. The is a bit of a slightly dirty stinker - struck matches at the start, growing to be matchboxes and sulphury in the empty glass that I need to change because any other dram would be contaminated thereafter. Content fits packaging here. Well done.

I also would like a Botanist now to clean my palate. I hope water and Octomore will do the job.
    After the two Laddies and the PC wine cask this unseamly gets into 4th place. Dissapointing. Utterly so.

2 cl at the TCW first release tasting
    • Taste

4. LaddieNerd scored this whisky 87 points Connoisseur

Tasty, but at the price just too shallow. Only the finish convinces complex and long-lasting.

5. Rosebanker scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior