- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Slow Matured
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L0204CM000 03052890
- Added on
- 05 Jan 2010 1:45 pm
4 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
92 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knockando 1991
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.30 points
- A lot of spices in the first nose (pepper, cinnamon, clove), a little honey, a bit of wax and orange and a pretty green side. Mouth very bitter and too woody, the barrel crushed the spirit. Bitter finish on tannins. Not very good.
- Not bad, but alas the choice of barrels and dilution do not draw a complex and balanced whisky. Below the 1990 vintage.
A lot of wood, wax and some spices, all emerging from a rather alcoholic set. With aeration, some floral notes and orange zest.
Rather sweet and easy, with the smoothness of a caramel cream. Alas, where the big barrel goes, the whisky does not grow again. The wood is very marked, with plank and vanilla.
Wood, vanilla cream.
- pale gold color, discreet nose, vanilla, spices, cereals. Bouch a little alcoholic, orange, cereals, caramel, a lot of wood, made very young. Final short, bitter and woody. Quite different and well below the 18ans 1990, a batch problem?
- A whisky of good quality. Nothing more. Solid without surprise.
A little chemical; almost solvent. Hazelnut and xeres. I also find the flower, without being able to identify which one. Clove. From the orange. Nose dry enough.
Homogeneous, well associated alcohol. Dirty. Not very expressive. Oak barrel. A hint of nuts, or hazelnut. An offset with the nose. A little bitterness.
Short. Bitter. A little disappointing. Easy enough.
- I wanted to love it, but I am disappointed
Red wine, sherry, river, furniture polisher, walnuts
Salty, spicy honey, bits of sherry