- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Jan 2010 3:29 pm
6 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
73 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne 12-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.14 points
- For the cheap price a great Whisky. Not too strong. Nice taste with sherry.
- Whisky and Beer festival Assen, 13-10-2017
Not very complex, reasonably fresh. Do not walk very hot yet. No clear fruit influences. Nicely dry.
Nice, better than the nose
Not surprisingly, something is disappointing. Little development. Pretty flat, taste that is there is good. Aftertaste hardly present. For a while, the malt taste becomes clearer.
- This whisky is in good balance. As an aperitif he would not be a bad figure, but that is what has been said. No topper.
It sounds very negative but it is not: "wet dog". A lot of malt and oak. Grassy. Show fruit such as banana and pineapple. Also vanilla and black pepper.
Feels a bit oily in the mouth. Sweet taste but also a bitterness that, in my opinion, had not been in it. A hint of honey and vanilla.
A medium finish with notes of honey. Again that not very welcome bitterness.
- not very interesting
Salmon, green olives, pickles, fruity heart, cereal
- Distilled from air-dried barley without peat smoke, and using the soft, pure
local water, this unique whisky is bottled unchill-filtered at cask strength to
preserve its natural flavour.www.glengoyne.com
- Lacks elegance and complexity. Oak dominates, with a bitter grip.
Oaky, sappy. An unpleasant cheesy aroma. Opens on nicer toffeeish notes.
Mellow. Sweet maltiness. But bitterness soon becomes insistent. Hot spices.
Warm. Dry, slightly astringent.