9 × in wishlist
84 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1995 MoS Clubs 01
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.26 points
- A Bowmore all in all quite classic but unbalanced: too much alcohol on the nose and too many spices on the palate to allow it to flourish. A few drops of water do not harm him ...
- From Whiskyfun:
Bowmore 1995/2009 (56.7%, Malts of Scotland, 'CLUBS', refill sherry butt, cask #113, 316 bottles) Colour: pale gold. Nose: starts slightly rounder than the 1998 but gets then almost as zesty, with a slightly bigger peat and a little more vanilla. A little rosemary and sage, whiffs of roses. Maybe a little cardboard too, let’s see what happens with water. With water: it got hyper-coastal so to speak. Crabs, langoustines, clams… ;-). Mouth (neat): interesting, it’s got the same general profile as the 1998 but I do also detect notes of tropical fruits that rather hint at a 1968 Bowmore if you see what I mean. That’s right, mangos, grapefruits, passion fruits… With water: same, with the tropical fruits becoming more distinct. Pink grapefruits. Finish: long, citrusy, slightly resinous. Mint liqueur and coffee. Comments: totally great, not ‘just another very good recent Bowmore’. SGP:555 - 91 points.
- This Whisky was sold for 236 € at Whiskyauction in June 2015
- http://www.weinkenner.de/2015/islay-blind-tasting-ii-sherry-abfuellungen-35335/ Color: full gold
Nose: Lemon extract with a lot of salt and vanilla, slightly pungent alcohol and herbal notes of leather. Sweet, sugar-like honey with slightly muffle undertone.
Taste: sour-bitter-sweet, tart herbs and slightly rotted lemon and orange peel. A bland lemon character spreads, with bitter herbal / nettle notes, green, immature wood and strong sugary liqueur.
Finish: mid-length - bland and inharmonious. Outstanding vanilla aromas with bitter hints and strong smoky sweetness.
85 points (nose: 87 / taste: 85 / finish: 83)
- By far the worst whisky in a blind tasting (30 participants, 6 whiskies from different Islay distilleries).
Sweet on notes of vanilla, peat, smoke, lemons and
dough. Grainy aromas and notes of fruit liquor (pineapple) are coming up.
Starts sweet, than becomes warming, peaty and
spicy with chili and salt.
Long, warming from deep inside. Remains
- Nr 6 (of 6) in Islay blind tasting (heavy competitors though)
- blind tasting - 85P
- Very good. At the limit it lacks only fruits, but the result is still excellent, especially this mouth ultra saline without it is disgusting.
Marine, very marine: iodine, spray, seaweed. Slightly saline too. With aeration, sherry makes its appearance, and we are more on a mocha / chocolate / marine combo. Yum.
Very oily, on bacon first then quickly the iodine / saline side takes over and takes everything. Very powerful, very marine (seaweed). Can be a little banana and pepper, as well as dark chocolate in the middle of the mouth.
Very long on salt.