- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Number of bottles
- 55.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 16 Mar 2019 9:51 am by HammerHead
17 × in wishlist
51 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Keith 1997 vW
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.71 points
- Some time needed in the glass. Lots of yellow(ish) fruits in the nose (citrus, pear). Some spices present. Still quite soft due to its age. Alcohol well integrated. Good stuff.
- Pale yellow color. Very particular whisky, sweet nose and citrusy palate, incredibly docile the almost 56% alcohol. Not big differences with and without water. Great drink.
The initially floral nose is followed by a very light citrus note and then becomes more full-bodied and sweet, bourbon style, with a hint of tobacco. In all this riot of perfumes, alcohol is not perceived in the least. With 4 drops of water it becomes more delicate and a note of bread appears.
light and fresh body, very lemon, slightly spicy, less sweet than I expected. Alcohol is also barely perceptible in the mouth. With 4 drops of water it stays spicy and still feels lemon, but becomes a little tannic
Long finish, all about lemon and spices, towards the end an astringent sensation.
- Nice, lots of pear. Yummy!
- a sweet 20 years, a basic whisky with yellow fruit, juicy, sweet, vanilla, malt well present and a little sweet spices that still under the scents.
a little grassy bouquet and a basket of varied fruits in the mouth, a slightly honeyed side that gives even more sweetness and passes the alcohol without any problem!