- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Unpeated Single Malt Whisky
- Batch 01
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Mar 2019 6:32 pm by Max70
4 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
123 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Paul John Nirvana
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.20 points
- Easy drinking whisky - 4 year old whisky that punches above its weight. Nose has strong orange. Palate has soft vanilla creamy and buttery mouthfeel. Not much complexity - quite same after 3 sips. Oak in the finish.
- Perfectly decent throughout.
Malty (drifting in the direction of malt wine genever) and sweet with touches of oak shavings and plenty of cornflakes, followed by caramel and some soft forest fruits. Finally a whiff of cardboard.
Rather a creamy mouthfeel at such a low abv. Soft oak spices, somewhat tannic and slightly bitter, but the subtle sweetness bring balance. Syrupy caramel, a touch of honey and rye.
Lingering spices, bitter oranges. Medium in length.
- I wrote a whole article on this on my website but the main point is, this is a light and delicate 'single malt' whisky that is equivalent to 10-year-old Scotch line for $30.
That beeswax! Great notes of tropical fruits, caramel with malty and sourdough like yeasty character.
Classic creamy Paul John texture. Bourbon like honey sweetness with baking spices, barley notes. Incredibly juicy for a 40%abv whisky
Surprisingly longer than expected. A medium to long finish with velvety texture. Smooth, round with orange zest, vanilla and mango.
- Not really my taste, I prefer Sherry and Peated, but surprisingly good. I didn't know Indian whisky and I wasn't expecting something so sweet and tasty. Fruity, cereal, and salted toffey in the end.
- Mild, sweet, a little boring. A tasty summer whisky.
- Very complex tastes like oak and wood but also fruits and even dirty things like rubber , it was a nice experience but wouldn’t buy it again.