- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Unpeated Single Malt Whisky
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Batch 01
- Added on
- 15 Mar 2019 6:32 pm by Max70
one in wishlist
46 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Paul John Nirvana
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.19 points
- Very complex tastes like oak and wood but also fruits and even dirty things like rubber , it was a nice experience but wouldn’t buy it again.
- A steal for the price. I paid the equivalent of about 18 euros for a 750 ml bottle.
Nice fruity smell with lots of vanilla and that woody/cardboardy smell i get from many paul johns
Plenty of honey and vanilla on the palate. Orange jam,citrus notes. Very sweet.
A short spicy finish.
Compared this head to head with glenmorangy 10. I liked this better.
- Funny smell.
Slightly spicy, lots of cereals, straw.
Tasty ok, although it is somehow meaningless.
Some oak, spices, sloe.
Dry and bitter.
You do not have to have that ...
- I'm so happy because today I found my friend.
Smells like teen spirit.
Yeah, I guess it made me smile. I found it hard, it was hard to find. Oh well, whatever, nevermind.
Doused in mud, soaked in bleach, as you want it to be.
- Not much to find in this one for me. I think there was some coffee and mild spices. And sweetness. Overall really flat.
- Manure, nutmeg, cardamom, honey, bees, vanilla, peach, apricot and cardboard. And with a few drops of water a little pepper, walnuts, oak, green apple and lemon. After 30 minutes in the glass a smell of malted barley and bowl of beer.
- I appreciated the nose, sweet and complex, a lot of different flavors. A good price/quality ratio.
Just after the opening, the alcohol was too present, but after a couple of minutes, this disappears and all the sweet notes appears. Fruit flowers, vanilla, honey and wheat biscuits.
Less pleasant than nose, an hint of white pepper mixed with malt and currant
The sweetness disappear fast, almonds and wood at the end
- Strange kind of fruity nose, some hard to define sweetness, but also some kind of rubber or plastic-like influences.
In the body and finish it didn't get any better.
Not that is really bad whisky, but somehow this one doesn't work for me. It's pretty full for a 40% Abv, it has pretty much tastes, but I simply don't like those tastes very much.
I like the Brilliance much better.