The Westfalian 2012 - Masterpiece

Market
de Germany
08 Mar 2019 6:52 pm by OpenBar_PMI

Whisky Reviews for The Westfalian 2012 - Masterpiece

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.14 points

1. dRambo scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

I got the sample as a gift - did not look any further before what I have in the glass, I wanted to go there as unbiased as possible.

Not my whisky - in my nose I first thought of a red wine barrel - for me it was slightly inharmonious in the compostion, it is very dense, aromatic and pleasantly sweet - but overall the flavors are too loud, too shrill - more than a dram I do not need this type of whisky - but that is my personal opinion - I probably do not generally like a "red" Malt with Peat. He will find his fans - he definitely does not look too young.
    • Taste

2. Gogopro52 scored this whisky 82 points Expert Junior

Cool Laphi, a bit lax with some strange notes. That would be the summary, if it really was a Laphi himself.

Enlarge a pleasing malt, which should come from a very / extremely active Laphroaig Cask, because he has left powerful traces.
    All this is this malt (whether single or already Vatted / Pure, I would like the hair splitters) but quite good.

Price not really without, because what you get is good (not surprisingly disparate) fabric, nothing excessive, highly outstanding outstanding.
    The price (after all, scarce 180 E per liter) has, by the way, the higher rating really effectively prevented, because equipment or something that could have justified the price in the approach, I have not seen.

82/100

Conclusion: The substance tastes, but that's it.

3. checkpointrk scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior