- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 57.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Mar 2019 5:48 pm by Mike1984
6 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
46 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tullibardine 2007 vW
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.79 points
- Oily, sweet, vanilla, oak, powerfull. Not very complex, but enough punch to make it interesting. Tastes better than it smells.
- Nose: vanilla, ripe yellow fruit, apricots, ripe melon, white gooseberries. Palette ditto. Fairly sweet but also slightly oily. A little water is the stimulus in the nose, but a bit greasier.
- blind sample of singlemalt x-mas calendar.
Much better (fruitier and bit more complex) with water. Otherwise it is a dram that is soon going to be forgotten.
Nothing that I need to taste again.
Mildy fruity nose on rather white fruits (pear) and a malty vanilla sweetness with a hint of earthy white cabbage. Not overly complex.
Fruits trend towards light yellow now, malty sweetness, then vanilla and whipped cream on a pear cake with crumble. Alc. has quite some power.
Finish is driven by the alcohol (warmth) some fruits and sweetness that is drying out towards the end. Medium+ length.
- Beautiful, initially fruity bourbon barrel, which is increasingly spicy, strong and intense.
Notes from a blind tasting.
Pear Helene, some fallen fruit and malt immediately after pouring, very intense! After a bit of life very calm and aromatic, some lime juice and vanilla, mirabelle plums. Pretty much acid. Mineral and maritime notes emerge. Warms first mineral, peaches are added. Then the acid increases again significantly. After the first sips an intense meaty note is added.
Quite strong and tingling in the onset, slightly unripe, acid apples and very light honey on the flavors side. The mouthfeel is fluid but dense. To the back a little tannins and menthol. In the second sip already in the foreground considerably bitter, coffee in the honey, also grassy.
Dries in the finish first, before a slight sweetness of strength spreads. Warms the chest area intensively, overall medium.
- Very clean spicy ex bourbon in cask strength, delicious, but nothing to remember.
In the nose similar to the Souvereign very robust and malty, with more light fruits and a mineral note.
Fruity, spicy, and the slight touch of yoghurt.
Departure clean, slightly fruity, oak, spicy, slightly mineral.
- Tried again on 10-11-2019, but it is not my whisky. Too clean, little happens and too sweet for my taste. -2 points for the nose and -1 for the taste.
Certainly not bad whisky but again (still), not my taste.
Green apples, dried apricots, vanilla, sweet, fairly dry / closed further
Lots of vanilla, sweet. After tasting several times I don't get much out of it anymore, I would really describe it as a really sweet whisky, almost powdered sugar. The alcohol is present, but not unpleasant. Pure to drink.
As described above. Medium finish.