- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Viking Soul Cask
- Number of bottles
- 57.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2019 11:16 am by Ras Mazunga
9 × in wishlist
9 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 12.5-year-old
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.57 points
- I initially gave this an 85, as it was a bit hot and rough. But, after letting it breath and adding a bit of water, it really opened up. Orchard fruits, cinnamon apple pie, and a hint of smoke on the nose, with ginger, lemon, pepper, and a slight bit of honey on the palate. Finish is medium with lemon, honey, white pepper and some smoke. Upped the score to 87.
- Nicely sherried whisky but the balance is not great as the heat from the alcohol is really noticeable, still quite enjoyable
- An HP Firkin bottled for a US Facebook group, Little Lebowski Urban Achievers. A spirit driven HP with a great balance between modest sherry influence and typical HP heather, honey and peat. More peat influence than the HP core range gives this a complexity not found there, or in most of the single casks of similar age that I've tried in recent years. A very clean spirit with none of the rubber/sulphur often found in young HP single casks. Getting even better with a couple of days of air, this is excellent!