- Single Grain
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Finish Series
- Bordeaux Cask Finish
- Batch 001
- Number of bottles
- 43.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Mar 2019 5:56 pm by gkurzweg
2 × in wishlist
8 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clonakilty Bordeaux Cask Finish
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.83 points
- 28.04.2019 Whiskey fair in Limburg tried.
- Not to run away, but unfortunately goes in the direction: irrelevant.
Caramel and honey are in the nose. A touch of turpentine. Freshly cleaned linoleum floor. Lime juice, grapefruit. Vanilla. Mild spicy.
Not much on the tongue. Milk chocolate can be discerned, some honey, mild fruit, without being able to identify them more closely. Vanilla pudding.
Rather short, dry, with chocolate and almonds.
- While the whiskey in the nose is still quite interesting, with lots of vanilla, malt and light fruit, it is slightly sprittig on the palate, very woody and bitter.
The short finish is again woody and bitter.
- According to Clonakilty, this single Grain is 8 years old.
The finish the color and also some of the flavors. I have sour red fruits and some rhubarb, the latter especially in the finish. Prickelt something in the mouth, not yet quite ripe strawberries, seasoning.
You can tell from the grain less than I expected, but with the sourish note it does not knock me off the stool.