- Single Malt
- The Bottlers (TB)
- Stated Age
- 30 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- 53.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Dec 2009 1:39 pm
24 × in wishlist
90 × member ratings
65 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 1978 TB
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.92 points
- Nose: Gummy bears, bananas, floral, licorice and creamy.
Taste: Licorice and caramel - very simple.
Finish: There is a very weak off-note, chocolate and woody.
- Very strange whisky, powerful, bright, but very poor palette of derivatives, beer taste, empty finish, but, again, funny, not boring, as a tasting sample is quite acceptable.
Restrained, dry, first nose - rowan jam, ash; fresh boards, prickly mineral notes - ash, cement, stone chips; lemon peel, carpentry, solvent, eucalyptus, mint, medical glue.
Rounded, powerful, saturated, bright and juicy notes of light beer, really, as if Zhigulevskogo took a sip, well, or, given the fortress, ruff, straight school years came to mind hops, oak, vanilla, grain.
Some kind of empty, but warming, remnants of beer, oak, a little bark.
- The colour is amber. The nose is sweet with caramel, butterscotch, sweet fruits, peaches, berries jam, oak, perfume and tangerine notes. The palate is sweet and lightly dry with oak, sweet fruits, pepper, perfume, caramel and apples with light sourness notes. The finish is long, spicy and lightly dry with spices, sweet fruits and oak notes. This whisky is a very good balanced and tasty. It’s a closer to be perfect. I gave 92 points.
- A Bunnahabhain of the upper class.
In the nose alcoholic coolness is detectable in combination with honey. Very lovely. Nutty, no really dark sherry tones detectable. With increasing heat waxes.
Very voluminous and soft, full, oily body. No burning, very weak spiciness in the throat, short grass / hare note, which does not stay long. Flowery-earthy and harsh.
Not softening green oak in the aftertaste.
- Malty, very smooth, nice sweetness - very good