- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Natural Colour | Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon Cask
- Number of bottles
- 56.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky
- Added on
- 01 Mar 2019 11:30 am by Flo1337
6 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dailuaine 2008 SV
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.72 points
- My bottle - like that of Malzbrenner apparently - had a clear cork defect and was therefore inedible. I don't know what an appropriate score would be, but over 50 seems inflationary to me.
lush. Sweet fruit, fully ripe banana, mango and coconut. Sour green malt and malt sugar. The bourbon barrel has done a great job in the 10 years, here is bourbon barrel in its purest form. Over time, flowery, grassy notes come through, as does vanilla
massive, creamy at the same time. Summer meadow, fully ripe peaches and a nice oak flavor with dark caramelized sugar
Cocoa powder and again honey sweet
- I had only one sample of the whisky, so in conclusion, I can only speculate that the original bottle was provided with a faulty cork.
My sample was not edible and showed a strong Korkschmecker / Muffton on.
Stinging alcohol, some malt, a little sweetness and then a hint of muff.
Sharpness, something sweet and then already the cork / muff. Not edible!
The Korkschmecker is no longer wegzubekommen from the palate, so to speak, an extra-long finish.
- Butter, Butterscotch, Peaches