- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Islay Barley - Irene's Field
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Number of bottles
- 61.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L/163334 19/165
- Added on
- 25 Feb 2019 4:02 am by Lord Octomore
32 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
173 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 10.3 διάλογος / 114 PPM
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.35 points
- Very earthy nose, peaty storm, cereals, floral, overlooking the juicy apple, rather golden smith but ripe, white grapes, vanilla in the background, small nuance spices and herbs, something quite tropical too, in monsoon period, banana leaves, mangroves, thick mud. Reflection a little mineral to finish. Very dense mouth, varied flavors that go from the marzipan to the mineral water while passing by the vanilla and a little lemon. The white fruits are imposing and give an amplitude to the peat, finally it is the final, like a tidal wave, iodine, rock, tar. Wow.
- The aftertaste is kind of disappointing. The rest is fantastic. Octomore-ish cowshed and smoked tea. Lime and vanilla. Full review (in german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2019/11/14/zehn-punkt/
- Probably the first Octomore that I really like. No youth to make out. It is advisable to give the dram a good sip of water. The whisky tolerates it and thanks it with a distinctly more flavor.
Undiluted, he shows himself rather buttoned up and lets you only taste Black Forest ham and smoke.
A small shot of water is already there to lure him out of reserve and bring down from his high 61.3% -Ross. For now he also reveals beautiful spicy notes and smoked pineapple as well as an even more intense greasy note. Acts older than six years.
With a splash of water: Still with good power on the tongue. Slightly dry, extremely intense and penetrating smoky note. So fast you can not see how the smoke spreads throughout the mouth. Machine oil, fine-herb, oregano, bay leaves. Espresso beans, dark chocolate. Seaweed.
Due to the pervasive smoky note long finish, where you have to honestly say that the roasted pineapple is still to be found. So it may be that it is not just due to the smoke that you can enjoy this whisky for a little while longer.
- Just Octomore.
- Prefered the 10.3 way over 10.1... Takes water very well. Sweet and long
Vanilla and marzipan with beach pebbles, crème brûlée and fudge. Somewhat herbal at times (rosemary), and the charred lemon peel is certainly a nice touch. Nice salinity too, but also notes of wood smoke and seaweed.
The salinity translates to the oily palate. There's a good amount of peat, slightly medicinal even. A touch of rubber and bitter lemon peel, although there's an inherent sweetness that balances things a bit. Golden syrup? Yes, golden syrup.
Lingering peat smoke. A bit one note. Long though.