18 × in wishlist
81 × member ratings
207 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 10.1 διάλογος / 107 PPM
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.96 points
- Was my last malt during a whisky festival, just to ensure my palate was indeed destroyed. I’m not an octomore fan in general, but I thought it was less complex and more astringent than other versions I’ve had. Not for me.
- That's definitely not enough, what the 10.1 delivers here. Nice to know the barley used, but maybe a few more years would have worked better.
Slight biting smoke, at least at the beginning. You should give it some time and time for yourself.
Even if he is more comfortable after some time, he shows himself still quite aggressive, ready to jump - where will show.
Green apple, freshly mown grass, green branches, fresh savoy cabbage leaves. The nose says: young vegetables. Every now and then alcohol flashes through. A little vanilla.
Strong start, dry from the beginning. Cold, ashen peat smoke. Green apples, pear wedges. Somewhat grassy and slightly grainy. Malt, caramel - and then they left him.
Apart from the longer-lasting smoke, the finish is short, spicy and with a slight sweetness of unripe apples.
- Just as meh as the .4
- Unfortunately a little disappointing and in a direct comparison extremely similar to 10.3, but due to the less pronounced citrus fruits and the missing herbal note, but clearly inferior and less exciting.
A rock-solid Octomore - but unfortunately not anymore either.
- A highlight on the nose, the rest lacks a bit of Octomore power. Not bad at all, but you might wish for more than that tasting the heavily peated style of Bruichladdich. Full review (in german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2019/11/14/zehn-punkt/
- Underwhelming for a Octomore, also with water... Save your money for another one...like the 10.3
- Marsh peat, white fruit, charcoal, very delicate vanilla, fresh mint. It's very balanced. White plums, Mirabelle plums, crushed vanilla beans. Mustard seeds. Intense palate, very oily, argan nuts, sweet olives. Final quite violent, which resonates in the mouth, fresh. Sage, zucchini flower. Very ample, quite vegetal.
Surprisingly light and subtle with notes of barley husks, wood smoke and a touch of sour beer, but also liquorice root. After a little while apple peel, vanilla custard and almond paste take over and don't let go of the wheel.
Powerful stuff. The smoke certainly plays more a leading role here. Touches of sea shells, sweet barley, a whiff of lime, as well as cloves and chili pepper.
Big notes of peat, as well as rubber. Ending on a sweeter note. Demerara sugar. Long.