- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Exclusive Single Cask
- First Fill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 59.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- German Selection by Schlumberger
- Added on
- 21 Feb 2019 1:39 pm by DocF
one in wishlist
8 × member ratings
6 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2006
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.20 points
- Pleasantly fresh, lime, vanilla with a little toffee, behind it are a few tropical fruits. A light smoke note is always present. The taste becomes malty, again lime and a little mint. The smoke is much stronger and more dominant in the mouth than in the smell. A pleasant spice from the wood and some ash remain in the mouth. It looks a bit younger than it is, especially in the mouth. I don't think that's bad here, on the contrary. This makes it appear powerful, fresh and intense.
- Color: pale gold, cloudy with water
Tasted against barrel no. 121 2009/2018
Pretty close to my dream of 10yo + -refill-Benromach, the superb 10's minus sherry he does not need to shine too. Yes, the price is ambitious, but OA Single Cask is also worse. Please refill the barrel, leave it alone for 20 years, regardless of the price tag I would forget.
Essentially set and less firstfillig, resinous. Voluminös he does not look straight, but older than 12 years, beautiful resinous, the Benromach mustard note is also there, less ash than in the 2009 Single Cask, then also really mineral, gypsum and beaten flint stones. Oh, there is no trace of alcohol. Smokey with air, more resinous. With water: This whisky is also completely coconut-free, but in front of it is a wall made of polished oak. More soot, and tree sap.
That it is not drinking strength, is noticeable, but 59% I would not have typed. Oily consistency, dusty and dirty old work shed, candle soot rather than smoke, some beeswax; Acacia honey and mustard seeds. Pure drinking. With water: even rounder, older, more dusty oak, more honey, more beeswax, more soot.
Resinous, medium long, not dry, some citrus, peppermint, flint stone.