- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label: Brent Elliott Master Distiller
- Added on
- 19 Feb 2019 2:17 pm by karloff
one in wishlist
33 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Four Roses Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 71.29 points
- Sweet and friendly, slightly bland
- I like this one for a bourbon. Is somewhat floral and fruity which works reasonably well in some cocktails. If you flicker enough, it serves a purpose. I can't recommend drinking that pure. Really in your face oaky, vanilla, fruit and flowers without any balance. I'd rather drink water to be honest.
- I quite enjoyed a dram of it in a bar once... you know pre-pandemic
- A very basic bourbon, from the supermarket, but for 10 euros a more than decent drink.
Vanilla, cream, coconut, a touch of wood. Simple but pleasant
Still vanilla, cream, coconut, with the addition of a pinch of lemon. Light and pleasantly rubbery body
Medium-lasting sweet finish
- As their standard bourbon it's actually quite decent and it comes at a very reasonable price. As a bourbon drinker I have rated this as a bourbon and not as a general whiskey if that makes sense.
Vanilla and lots of Oak. Cinnamon, cooked apples, shoe polish, Choisya Sundance shrub leaves, ginger cake and ripe bananas. A really pleasant nose.
Just a little heat and spice from the rye is what hits home straight away followed by more vanilla and Oak sweetness. It goes down really easy. There are some caramel notes and toffee apple. The cinnamon also makes another appearance.
A medium finish with just a little bitterness and a bit more spice on the death.