- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Private Edition
- 1st & 2nd Fill Bourbon Casks
- 51.2 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 18 Feb 2019 6:01 pm by markfeit
4 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
90 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Allta
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.10 points
- Absolutely uninteresting whisky. Nothing to disassemble.
- Wow, it’s actually pretty good. I’m shocked at how much yeast flavour and fruitiness is actually in here. The mouthfeel is really nice too, and I don’t know what’s up with me and tea notes lately, but every other whisky I’ve tried this month has had really diverse and tasty tea notes.
A nice one from Glenmorangie.
Nose: Well what do you know, it’s yeasty! Lots of rich, sweet fruit, honey, vanilla, and various pastries topped and/or filled with jam. Banana, plum, peach, orange, and cooked apples. Spice notes of allspice, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Some rich rooibos tea.
Palate: Thick, pillowy texture. Very sweet and fruity up front: yeast, honey, mango, peach, and mandarin. White tea, then black tea, something floral and frangrant. Develops to sweet oak and vanilla, subtle leather and black pepper. More vanilla, spice, and rich fruit towards the back.
Finish: Rich and sweet. Butterscotch, marzipan, (loads of) plums, mandarins, and banana. More yeast!
- ekstreme sweet! ( not in a good way) can only taste karamell and vanilje and sweet aprikose. dont recomend it. not fore my pallet