- Whiskybase ID
- Blended Malt
- George Ballantine & Son (GB&S)
- Bottling serie
- Pure Malt
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Dec 2009 3:55 pm
3 × in wishlist
66 × member ratings
153 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballantine's 12-year-old
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.20 points
- This one is pretty pleasant actually, fruity and sweet with some subtle hints of smoke. Not bad at all.
Some kind of red fruits, spicy, cinnamon. Chocolate, pretty full 'nose', far away even some hint of smoke
Slightly tickering, immediately some bonfire smoke appears. Honey, caramel, and some chocolate.
A little more pepper now, some smoke still. Pretty full taste still, some licorice and honey. Middle long.
- Nothing special at all but quite enjoyable for the money.Concerning price/performance ratio: 7/10
Floral, vanilla, honey and some fruits.
Floral, vanilla, honey and some sweet fruits again (yellow fruits). A bit spicy.
Short. Some vanilla, oak and hints of smoke.
- Notes from a blind tasting. Acts quite old, is good drinkable, but nothing special.
Instantly apple, vanilla and malt, slightly stronger aromas. Later some salt and sweat. Easy sherry influence? Warms white wine.
Sweet sugar Alcohol also quite strong. Warms milk chocolate, slightly dry, Grain? A little apple syrup, slightly spicy.
Also short, a bit longer. Light bitterness, oak or grain? Sounds cute. In the finish some ashes. Smoke?
- A full, round whisky with a palate that is well balanced and show including oak and honey with a variety of vegetables and herbs that complement the flavors.