- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Tin foil hats at Dornoch Castle
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 58.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Jan 2019 1:31 pm by bunkermania
one in wishlist
32 × member ratings
36 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney 2001 SMWS 52.24
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.52 points
- A great malt. Smoked pineapple with salt classification and baked in a cookie dough. Fruity, oily and very maritime, with a nice heather note. Completely wrongly undervalued in my opinion.
- Issue Price on 01.02.2019: 80.00 GBP
- SMWS notes:
We were totally charmed by this one, a beautiful initial combination of sea air, sandalwood, linseed oil, soft bonfire ashes, shellfish, glimmers of iodine, sweet lemons, mead, subtle tarriness and ripe pineapple. Water brought fragrant heather honey on toast, hessian, stone fruits such as lychee then ripe kumquats, ovaltine, lamp oil and orange bitters. Green and white fruits abound on the palate with ripe pear, muesli, lime oil, chalky indigestion tablets, tomato plants in a greenhouse, sea breezes and ointments. Reduction shifts things towards saline waxiness, herbal resins, mint jelly, cranberry sauce, chimney smoke and cough medicine. Totally braw!