- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Vancouver Club, Canada
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Bourbon + Château Haut Brion Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Dec 2009 10:24 pm
19 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
100 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich Links XI
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.14 points
- I love this Whisky from the Links Series and it’s my favorite of this series. Too pity that’s the prices these days are so expensive for this bottle.
- For me, still one of the absolute highlights from this series. A beautiful malt with light wine notes, which convinces with its great nose and fruitiness. A beautiful interplay of the various influences, without the Malt of the wine finish slain or whitewashed. If there is the "perfect drinking whisky" for every occasion and occasion, that is one. You can drink it without problems to a good book, but also deal eternally with the various flavors. Due to the drinking strength neither too strong nor too diluted.
I know the filling a bit longer, but I'm always excited by the nose. Dark, red fruits. A mixture of various berries and grapes, the Château Brion barrels do all the work here. Just behind, mixed with a refreshing and slightly minty note, follow honey waffles and caramel on the foot. After a few minutes in the glass, the filling reminds me more of an old cognac than of a whisky.
Creamy and oily, typical Bruichladdich. Here, too, the foothills of the wine barrels are felt quite quickly, it is fruity. Red grapes, a few blueberries and the feeling of a dry red wine. The whole paired with some oak, which was previously drizzled with honey. A few more green fruits such as apples are there too, but are hardly significant.
Long and pleasant finish. The creamy and sweet fruit notes accompany some oak for a long time before the malt fades to spicy. No bitterness, slightly astringent.
- "A distillery bottling of 16 year old Bruichladdich released as part of
their golf course celebrating Links range. This one is named in honour
of Vancouver Golf Club, a suburban course that was founded in 1911."