- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition - Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L8 297 18 11 59 1D#199
- Bottled for
- Specialy selected for the Netherlands
- Added on
- 12 Jan 2019 8:48 am by Whisky Règuhr
2 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Inchmurrin 2007
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.13 points
- Shared this bottle with Macerik. One thing is for sure; they are doing something well at Loch Lomond Group. Both Glen Scotia and Loch Lomond distillery have released some great stuff lately.
So is this Inchmurrin bottling.
First impression is the typical fruity nose of Inchmurrin. But this whisky needs some water and time in the glass. After some time an unexpected dirty and earthy smell comes forward. Reminds me somewhat of Ben Nevis (IB's).
Full fruity and fresh body, with hinds of citrus and spices; especially pepper.
Medium long to long. Fruits and spices remain in full balance until the very end.
- Very good dram, although the nose is a bit strange and not as good as the body and finish. But overall, I really like this one.
Fruity, but with some overripe touch. Also some rubber, stewed pears. Hesitating wether I appreciate it or if it's a little unpleasant... Strange at least. Herbal, and later on some clear earthy tones, moss.
The strange start now disappears, full taste, some pepper, fruity, raspberry, honey and peach. Later on some chocolate with a sour edge, and some caramel.
Still some pepper, full, peach now, honey. Pretty long. AS it develops, even more peach now, and longer.